Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Quality life of seniors in the Wallachia region
The project aims at an enhanced availability and quality of outreach and outpatient services in the remote border region of the Czech Republic to Slovakia. For this purpose, the mobility of social workers will be improved through the provision of sufficient all-terrain vehicles, social workers will be trained in modern methods of individualized work with residents, and appropriate equipment for the provision of high quality social services will be procured.
Improving social security
Social services for specific target groups
- Social workers
- Families of the clients
- 1'125 clients served annually with home care; services have been extended based on the needs of the users with 162'403 visits of senior citizens in their home made each year.
- Introduction of a new services with palliative care and social rehabilitation provided at home.
- Improvement of the quality of the services thanks to new equipement and 87 social workers trained and applying in daily practice 3 new methods of socialcare services: basal stimulation, reminiscence therapy, alternative communication. The new methods are provided at home and in the newly equipped day care center.
- More time available for each client visited due to improved mobility and reduced transportation time of caregivers.
- Improved working conditions for social workers due to appropriate equipment.
- The Executing Agency was active in sharing good practice and experience with other similar partners as well as in influencing system changes in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
Regarding the demographic trends of the Czech Republic and the whole of Europe, it is predicted that the number of senior citizens will continue to grow rapidly, thus leading to an increased demand in social services for this age group. Today, most of these services are provided in resident institutions such as retirement or care homes. If the services provided in such institutions are not of high quality, this may result in increased social isolation, loss of autonomy and reduced quality of life of seniors. A good alternative to resident care services are outreach and outpatient services, where seniors are taken care of as long as possible at home.
The goal of the project is to maintain a high quality of life of seniors dependent on care by high quality outreach and outpatient services in the Wallachia region. This shall be achieved by increasing the mobility of service providers – who will thus be able to better serve more clients – and by introducing modern work methods which will improve the care services delivered to seniors.
The project will finance: (i): Procurement of 30 cars, 1 low-floor bus, 1 moped, 2 bikes (the equipment purchased through the project will be used to provide services in the individual organisations also after the project completion); (ii): 300h of methodological assistance and training of social care workers in new methods; (iii): Procurement of back office equipment for staff; (iv): Procurement of equipment for newly established day care centre; (v): Procurement of equipment for impaired seniors
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1’158’070 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1’151’977|
Phase 1 01.06.2012 - 28.02.2017 (Completed)