Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Humanisation of the Home for Seniors Frydlant
The project aims at providing a dignified environment for seniors in the “Home for seniors Frydlant nad Ostravici” by reconstructing 18 rooms, all building entrances and common sanitary facilities. In addition, qualified social workers will introduce modern methods of individualized work while doubling the therapeutic offer for residents, which will lead to the long-term provision of high quality social services.
Improving social security
Social services for specific target groups
- Through reconstruction and new equipement, the services have been humanised with reduced number of beds per room, reduced number of users per one sanitary facility and new interior rooms for recreactiv and therapeutic activities.
- All 97 residents have barrier-free access to their rooms and other common space.
- 9 new methods of social work with seniors such as movement education, artetherapy, musicotherapy, memory training, etc. are available on a daily basis for all users of the facility and contributed to strengthening the quality of care.
- 38 employees were trained in the newly introduced methods of social work; methodological guidelines and education plan are available for continuous training and introduction of new staff.
- Working conditions for employees of the home has been improved.
- 4 new positions were created: 1 special tutor, 2 social workers and 1 psychologist.
- The Executing Agency was very active in sharing good practice and experience with other similar partners as well as with other institutions in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'239'412 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'239'411|
Phase 1 01.08.2012 - 13.06.2017 (Completed)