Experts to UNHCR (Lebanon & Jordan) in response to Syrian crisis
The ongoing violence in Syria has lead to the displacement of tens of thousands of civilians. As of September 2012, more than 250’00 people are registered with UNHCR in neighbouring Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon and Iraq, putting an increasing strain on the governments and host communities.
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Alloggio (till 2016)
Trasferimenti forzati (rifugiati, sfollati interni, tratta di esseri umani)
Acqua potabile e strutture igieniche elementari (WASH) (til 2016)
- Syrian refugees (in particular women and children) in Lebanon and Jordan who are sheltered in camp and non-camp settings.
- Hosting populations in Lebanon and Jordan (In Lebanon around 70’000 and in Jordan around 90’000 of witch 25’000 in camp facilities)
- Response to emergency and longer-term shelter needs is strengthened.
- Response to emergency and longer-term WASH needs is strengthened.
- Cash-based response for shelter, non-food, food items and other essential needs.
- Soccorso operaio svizzero
The crisis in Syria has resulted in the displacement of thousands of civilians to neighbouring countries (over 250’000 total in the region). Over 75 % of these refugees are women and children under 18. Refugee influx represents a burden on host communities who have growing difficulties in coping with assisting displaced Syrian refugees.
The capacity of UNHCR and its implementing partners is strenghtened to meet emergency and prolonged displacement needs of Syrian refugees as well as hosting populations.
|Effetti a medio termine||
|Partner del progetto||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 500'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 376'536|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 15.09.2012 - 30.09.2013 (Completed)