Joint Task Mechanism on Mapping Risk Areas in Conflict of Interest in Romania
The project seeks to complement the fight against corruption by increasing the effectiveness of anti-corruption policies and prevention mechanisms in public procurements, targeting mainly local authorities.
Enhanced security and safety
- Analysis of the National Integrity Agency NIA/ National Agency for Procurement NARMPP databases established
- National Assessment Report on Systemic/Institutional Capacity for Addressing Conflicts of Interest published and distributed
- 34 integrity inspectors trained
- 8 regional workshops with 169 participants from local authorities and NGOs
- toolkits on integrity developed and distributed
- 17 coaching sessions for 13 local administrations
- National Assessment report on integrity
- Elaboration of working protocols for NIA
- Swiss Partner institution: Basel Institute on Governance
- Swiss Private Sector
Executive leadership and inspectors of the National Integrity Agency (NIA)
Councillors, secretaries and civil servants of the local and regional public administrations,
non-governmental organizations/civic groups
Within outcome 1, the project will engage in research on perceived risk factors/levels of corruption and elaborate a national assessment report on conflict of interest. Main findings of the report will be validated in a debate with interested stakeholders.
The activities of outcome 2 are built around an education/ awareness component and a policy development component. In the education/ awareness component, training sessions and workshops will take place with the aim to develop prevention tools. The policy development component will include the elaboration of internal protocols and recommendations for procedures and institutional arrangements of the National Integrity Agency (NIA) and other institutions as well as institutionalizing the training of local pubic authorities.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Institute for Public Policy (IPP)
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 266’489 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 0|
Phase 19 02.05.2016 - 28.02.2019 (Completed)Phase 18 01.09.2014 - 30.06.2017 (Completed) Phase 17 14.11.2014 - 31.08.2018 (Completed) Phase 16 01.02.2014 - 31.07.2015 (Completed) Phase 15 01.09.2014 - 28.02.2019 (Completed) Phase 14 01.03.2013 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 13 01.03.2013 - 30.11.2015 (Completed) Phase 12 01.11.2012 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 11 01.04.2012 - 31.03.2013 (Completed) Phase 10 01.04.2012 - 30.06.2017 (Completed) Phase 9 01.04.2012 - 15.06.2014 (Completed) Phase 8 01.03.2012 - 31.03.2018 (Completed) Phase 7 01.03.2012 - 31.08.2013 (Completed) Phase 6 01.03.2012 - 15.11.2014 (Completed) Phase 5 01.03.2012 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 4 01.03.2012 - 30.09.2019 (Completed) Phase 3 01.03.2012 - 30.07.2015 (Completed) Phase 2 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)