South Sudan, DCA: Educational Support in Area 1
The two civil wars fought in Area 1 as well as prolonged marginalization in the education system have deprived local communities from access to education for decades. In response, Local Partner 1 (LP1) has worked with Area 1 communities since 1995 and supported the introduction of a new Kenyan curriculum. Improved access and quality of education for all in Area 1 is both a basic human right and a powerful tool to address the cycles of poverty and conflict affecting the communities.
Sudan del Sud
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
- Strengthened community engagement and increased retention of pupils in primary schools and students in secondary schools.
- Improved quality of education through improved school management and teaching practice in primary and secondary schools.
- Increased number of pupils and students entering and passing certified primary and secondary school exams.
- 28’267 learners are retained in formal education system.
- 212 teachers have improved their teaching and school management skills.
- 1’900 students have participated in their primary and secondary examinations.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
Improved access and quality of education in Area 1 is both a basic human right and a powerful tool to address the cycles of poverty and conflict affecting the communities. A recent survey estimates that 4 out of 5 children did not attend school and 44.7% withhold their children from school as a result of negative coping mechanisms. While the earlier curriculum enforced an Islamic and Arab identity, in 1995 a Kenyan curriculum meeting international standards was introduced.
To increase access to quality primary and secondary education in Area 1 for marginalised and conflict-affected communities.
Students of primary and secondary education, secondary school graduates, teachers and head teachers, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) members, county supervisors.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
Traditional leaders, Local authority and Kenyan National Examination Council
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
LP1, Secretariat of Education (SoE) and Area 1 Coordination Unit
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 240'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 239'152 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 240'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.09.2016 - 31.08.2018 (Completed)