In 2004, Switzerland and the European Union (EU) concluded within the framework of Bilateral Agreements II the taxation of savings income Agreement on combating cross-border tax evasion.
It was replaced by the Agreement on the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) in tax matters between Switzerland and the EU, which was signed on 27 May 2015.The new agreement implements the global AEOI standard of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). In this context, Switzerland and the 28 EU member states have been collecting account data as from 2017 and have been exchanging it as from 2018. By implementing the AEOI standard, Switzerland and the EU will make an important contribution to the prevention of tax evasion.
- 01.01.2017 Entry into force of the AEOI Agreement
- 17.06.2016 Approval by Parliament
- 27.05.2015 Signing of the AEOI Agreement
- 01.07.2005 Entry into force of the taxation of savings income Agreement
- 17.12.2004 Approval by Parliament
- 26.10.2004 Signing of the taxation of savings income Agreement (in the framework of Bilateral Agreements II)
Status September 2019