Switzerland’s Financial support to the Programme of Work and Budget of the OECD Development Centre for the Biennium 2017-2018
The OECD Development Centre (DEV) is a kind of “think tank” of the OECD development cluster, bridging at the knowledge and policy levels between the OECD and emerging countries, public, private and civil society stakeholders. Its overall objective is to propose guidance to policy makers for innovative policy solutions to global, regional and national challenges of development and poverty alleviation. This proposal aims to support this objective and to contribute to fund this institution. Due to budget cuts by the Swiss international cooperation, the Swiss voluntary contribution to the DEV Centre for 2017-2018 will be reduced.
Beschäftigung & Wirtschaftsentwicklung
Schaffung von Arbeitsplätzen
Organisationen für die Gleichstellung der Frau
Politik des öffentlichen Sektors
Migration allgemein (entwicklungspolitische Aspekte und Partnerschaften)
Nicht spezifizierter Sektor
- Shaping the terms of the development debate and discourse
- Informing development policy and practice
- Horizontal collaboration between key OECD Directorates to enrich and bring forward the OECD Thematic Dialogue on Commodity Trading Transparency has been established
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) and country profiles have been delivered
- Global Policy Dialogue on Gender Equality and Development has been established
- Final report on the economic contribution of labour migration in developing countries as countries of destination has been delivered
- Report on the operationalization of the dashboard of indicators for policy and institutionnel coherence has been applied to a larger set of countries
- Two annual meetings of DevCom have taken place
- Report on innovative SDG communication strategies have been delivered
- 6th edition of Perepectives on Global Development has been delivered: meetings and dissemintation have taken place
- Economic Outlook for Southeast Asia, China and India 2018 has been delivered
- All the necessary measures have been taken in order to achieve the PWB 2017-2018
- Organisation für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung
The rapid growth in developing countries seems to be declining. Slower growth will be coupled with big challenges, in particular climate change, increasing inequalities, fragility, rapid population growth in sub-Sahara Africa and South Asia, rapid technological change. More effective national responses and global governance are necessary to manage emerging challenges and unlock opportunities. The 2030 Agenda and the Addis Ababa Agenda offer new opportunities to chart a more inclusive future. The DEV support governments in designing policies to enable sustanaible and inclusive growth in developing and emerging economies.
Improved well-being through sustanaible, inclusive growth and poverty reduction in developing and emerging economies.
DEV members, including Switzerland (SDC and SECO), developing and emerging countries.
Natural Resources for Development:
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
Apart from a study in the context of the multidimensional Country reviews which was not delivered, main objectives of previous PWB supported by SDC were regulary achieved.
Andere internationale Organisation
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
Exchanges with other state members, SDC’s South Cooperation (Gender Focal Point), GPMD, SECO.
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 540’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 540’000|
Phase 9 01.01.2017 - 31.12.2018 (Completed)Phase 8 01.01.2015 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Phase 7 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)