Swiss Water Partnership
The Swiss Water Partnership is a multi-stakeholder platform bringing Swiss organisations from the academic, civil society, public and private sectors together to find innovative solutions for water challenges in developing and transition countries. Umbrella of Switzerland water stakeholders at the international level and carrying the diversity of the Swiss voice, the Swiss Water Partnership is a key complementary partner to SDC.
Trinkwasser und Siedlungshygiene (WASH) (bis 2016)
- Swiss Water Partnership members and their partners (direct beneficiaries)
- Water decision- and policy-makers
- Diverse actors of the water sector and outside
- All people exposed to water risks: water-related disasters, water-related conflicts, lack of sustainable access to water and sanitation.
- Influence the water sector through major actors: improved project design among major sector actors such as Development Banks.
- Influence the water sector through policy dialogue: global water policies or their implementation / monitoring frameworks are influenced by the Swiss Water Partnership, which is globally recognised as a brand for high-quality solutions.
- Innovative cross-sector solutions involving Swiss Water Partnership members are implemented in the framework of international projects.
- The Swiss Water Partnership and its members contribute to shaping global water policies carrying a strong Swiss Voice.
- Innovative cross-sector solutions involving Swiss Water Partnership members are presented at Swiss and international events.
- The Swiss Water Partnership contributed to shaping the Swiss post-2015 water position by organising the Swiss consultation on a proposed dedicated water goal and regularly informing about progress and opportunities to advocate for an ambitious water goal.
- A strong Swiss Voice carried at the Stockholm World Water Weeks and World Water Fora.
- International confirmation of the pertinence of the Swiss Water Partnership through know-how and expertise exchanges with the World Bank Water Global Practice.
- Inquiry by the World Water Council to find out whether the Swiss Water Partnership would be interested to become a member as a sign of international recognition.
- Andere Schweizer Non-Profit Organisation
- Schweizerischer Privatsektor
- Swiss Water Partnership
Water crisis have has been assessed as one of the most serious threat to society by the World Economic Forum’s 10th global risk report 2015. Switzerland has a vibrant water sector and Swiss water professionals and their partners around the globe have developed holistic approaches to manage water not only across sectors but also across countries. However, innovative solutions are not sufficient. The scale and urgency of the present and future challenges in the global context of the water sector call for the development of partnerships, which have the potential to create a leverage effect.
Swiss know-how and expertise contribute to improve living conditions in developing and transition countries through improved water management and service delivery.
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
A significant number of the Swiss Water Partnership members are closely involved in SDC projects. Synergies will be created with Swiss water networks and the Swiss Water Partnership will exchange with other national water partnerships. Through its future membership to the World Water Council, the Swiss Water Partnership will interact with key players of the global water sector.
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 970’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 938’822|
Phase 1 01.08.2015 - 31.12.2018 (Completed)