BioCarbon Fund Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes (BioCF-ISFL)
The BioCarbon Fund Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes (BioCF-ISFL) is a multilateral fund managed by the World Bank catalysing the development of low-carbon rural economies, fostering livelihoods and reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from the land sector. It engages national and sub-national governments and the private sector through impact-based payment systems. Switzerland has an interest piloting such incentive systems in order to shape development cooperation that is fit for the future.
A nivel mundial
Cambio climático y medio ambiente
Política de reforestación
- Improved land management and land use, including forests;
- Benefits for land users;
- Leveraged partnerships with and between the public and private sectors to advance the BioCF-ISFL vision and approach.
- Advanced application of impact-based payment systems;
- Mobilised Swiss private sector (public-private partnerships).
- Fostering a broad land use-based mitigation approach in which forests play a key role; prevention of further environmental degradation;
- Drawing lessons to shape other multilateral instruments, such as the Green Climate Fund (GCF);
- Bringing to the table expertise in mobilizing the private sector to engage in the international efforts;
- Switzerland engages as a strategic, like-minded partner in programme steering.
- Banco Mundial - Banco Internacional de Reconstrucción y Fomento
|Two of the world’s most pressing challenges – climate change and rural poverty – are inextricably linked. Global greenhouse gas emissions from land use account for nearly one-quarter of the total global greenhouse gas emissions. Agricultural expansion is the leading driver of deforestation globally, yet agriculture is also a major force for economic growth in developing countries. The BioCF-ISFL works in an integrative manner to incentivize alternative development pathways in these competing sectors to replace unsustainable practices and policies that are resulting in deforestation and land-and forest degradation.
As per the BioCF-ISFL logframe:
Contribute to low carbon development by delivering benefits to communties and reducing greenhous gas emissions in BioCF- ISFL program areas and catalyzing progress beyond the BioCF-ISFL.
As per Swiss Climate Change policy/SDC-GPCCE:
Learning from BioCF-ISFL delivery mechanisms for globally upscaling mitigation approaches in the land-use sector (fulfilling international mitigation targets and achieving the goals of the Green Climate Fund (GCF)).
|Client countries in Africa, Tropical America and Indonesia/governments (national and sub-national level), citizens (including women), private/ corporate sector (both global and domestic)
|Efectos a medio plazo
Impacts in BioCF-ISFL countries as per the BioCF-ISFL logframe:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto
Contraparte del contrato
Institución financiera internacional (IFI)
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores
|State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN), Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF), UN-REDD, Forest Investment Program (FIP), PROFOR, Climate Investment Funds (CIF), Green Climate Fund (GCF), United Convention on Biological Diversity (UN-CBD)
|Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 10’000’000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 10’000’000