Backstopping SDC Climate Change and Environment (CC&E) Network
A climate smart development cooperation requires continuous knowledge management and a sound thematic expertise. The next phase of the Backstopping Support Mandate (BSM) will help to capitalize on SDC’s key learnings, stimulate capacity building, foster mainstreaming and provide thematic support in the field of climate change and environment This will allow the SDC Climate Change and Environment Network and the Global Programme Climate Change (GPCCE) help improve the overall quality of SDC’s operational activities in this thematic field.
Changement climatique & environnement
Agriculture et sécurité alimentaire
Politique de l’environnement
- About 300 SDC CC&E Network members in Switzerland and abroad; about 100 registered users on weADAPT and about 300 registered CEDRIG users (figures as of April 2018);
- Concerned / interested SDC units at Headquarters and in the field as well as key partners active in implementation, normative and conceptual work as well as policy dialogue at various levels;
- The international climate change and environment community as enlarged target group for the SDC’s outreach activities on CC&E.
- The international climate change community is aware of SDC activities in the field of CC&E; the sustainability of the knowledge sharing system is secured.
- Adequate capacities of the CC&E Network members, SDC staff and partners to integrate CC&E in development cooperation are available.
- CC&E is systematically integrated in SDC activities; mainstreaming efforts are regularly monitored and evaluated.
- The thematic expertise is increased and helps to secure the quality of CC&E related actions by SDC, its partners and other network members.
- Articles and case studies featuring SDC project and program results are published on weADAPT.
- CC&E products and tools that facilitate thematic learning and promote a continuous knowledge exchange among CC&E Network members, SDC staff and partners are elaborated.
- CEDRIG as key mainstreaming tool is further developed and broadly applied in SDC priority partner countries.
- Regional and Swiss thematic workshops and learning journeys are organized.
- An Observatory to spot future trends in climate change and environment is established.
- Support to GPCCE strategic reflections 2021-2024 is provided.
- Implementation of a clear strategic orientation consolidating the CC&E Network as SDC’s main platform for knowledge and information sharing on climate change and environmental issues;
- Development of a series of novel knowledge management products such as Nexus Briefs, Webinars and the new online mainstreaming tool CEDRIG (Climate, Environment and Disaster Risk Integration Guidance);
- Promotion of strategic institutional collaboration in particular with the weADAPT platform to publish interesting results and increase the outreach of SDC’s achievements at all levels.
- Autre organisation suisse non-profit
|Contexte||The topic of climate change and environment is very dynamic and highly relevant for development cooperation. The complexity and urgency of the challenges require effective exchange of experiences, specific capacity strengthening and building, strategic reflection, promotion of innovation and exploration of new trends. These demanding tasks require a smart set-up of matching players with complementary competence and expertise as proposed in the new phase of the BSM.|
|Objectifs||The overall goal of the BSM is to contribute – through knowledge sharing, capacity strengthening and thematic expertise - to a low emission and climate resilient development as stipulated in the GPCCE Strategic Framework 2017-2020. The new phase will upscale the novel efforts of the CC&E Network developed during the previous phase. This will help SDC and its partners remain among the most advanced development actors with regard to the systematic consideration of climate change and environment in their operations. The BSM provides the necessary thematic and methodological support to the CC&E Network and GPCCE to fulfil their mandate and to achieve their goals.|
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
Organisation suisse à but non lucratif
|Coordination avec d'autres projets et acteurs||The CC&E Network works closely with other SDC thematic networks, in particular the DRR, Water and the Agriculture and Food Security Networks; GPCCE works closely with other GPs, in particular the GP Water and the GP Food Security|
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 1'840'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 743'298 Projet total depuis la première phase Budget de la Suisse CHF 3'404'940 Budget y compris partenaires de projet CHF 5'500'000|
|Phases du projet||Phase 5 01.07.2018 - 30.06.2022 (Phase en cours) Phase 4 01.07.2015 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 3 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2015 (Completed) Phase 2 01.08.2010 - 31.12.2011 (Completed) Phase 1 01.01.2009 - 31.07.2010 (Completed)|