Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies (SDG 16+)
The “Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies” is a group of countries, international organizations, and other stakeholders. The Pathfinders promote more peaceful, just and inclusive societies, as stipulated in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is intended that the initiative will turn into a movement to accelerate the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 16, which will be reviewed at the High-Level Political Forum 2019. Switzerland – as an advocate of SDG 16 – is a co-convener, a founding member and a donor to the initiative.
Conflitto & fragilitá
Prevenzione dei conflitti
Politica del settore pubblico
Sviluppo legale e giudiziario
- National implementation, coherence and innovation on SDG 16+ delivery is increased.
- Strategies and momentum for SDG 16+ implementation at international level are strenghtened.
- Leadership, evidence and partnership on Peaceful Societies / Reduction of all Forms of Violence are strenghtened.
- More countries set national targets for peaceful, just and inclusive societies
- Joint SDG 16+ report together with the Global Alliance on Reporting published at High-Level Political Forum 2019 (HLPF)
- “Challenge papers” on violence, justice and inclusion published to help create momentum
- Policy dialogue on peaceful, just and inclusive societies in selected SDC priority countries is linked to Pathfinders
- Concept of “SDG 16+” (34 targets across the 2030 Agenda) established and increasingly used
- “Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies” established as a platform for accelerated implementation of SDG 16+
- Broadly consulted “Roadmap for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies” launched in September 2017
- Lesson learned: Balanced representation of all income groups among in the Pathfinders was a crucial factor, but the inclusion of countries at highest risk to be left behind remains a challenge
- Other Academic Research North
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development states that there can be no peace without sustainable development, and no sustainable development without peace. Sustainable Development Goal 16 – as well as other related targets in other Goals – aim to build more peaceful societies, access to justice for all, as well as more inclusive, accountable and responsive institutions at all levels.
The 2030 Agenda promises to “leave no one behind”. Those furthest behind will be people affected by violence, injustice and exclusion. This is why Switzerland – together with Sierra Leone and Brazil and with the support of the Center on International Cooperation – has founded the “Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies”. The Pathfinders committ to accelerate the implementation SDG 16 by building evidence and alliances. They have met several times at high level in New York and Geneva, and have launched a “Roadmap for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies
|Obiettivi||Accelerate the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 16 and related targets in the 2030 Agenda: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels|
“Pathfinders” themselves: Member States, International Organisations, civil society, academia and research institutions, other platforms.
By extension women, men and children, whose development is hindered by violence, injustice and exclusion.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione universitaria e di ricerca straniera
Center on International Cooperation (CIC) of the New York University
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
Swiss level: Swiss bi-lateral and multilateral engagement on implementation of SDG 16+ (Human Security Division, SDC); engagement on illicit financial flows and asset recovery; New Deal (OECD)
International level: Actors engaged on monitoring and delivering the SDGs and those leading on SDG 16+ delivery, including UNDP and World Bank; partnerships on SDG 16+ (Global Alliance on Reporting; Sixteen Plus Forum, etc).
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1’800’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1’770’000|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
(Fase in corso)
Fase 2 01.07.2018 - 31.12.2020 (Completed)Fase 1 15.02.2016 - 31.07.2018 (Completed)