The working group comprised senior FDFA staff, the president of the Conference of the Cantonal Governments of Switzerland and experts from the scientific community, business sector and civil society. The experts were appointed personally by Federal Councillor Ignazio Cassis to provide an outside perspective on global affairs and Swiss foreign policy and augment the internal views put forward within the FDFA.
Members of the AVIS28 working group:
- Dr Philipp Aerni, Director of the Center for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at the University of Zurich
- Pascale Baeriswyl, State Secretary, Head of the Directorate of Political Affairs, FDFA
- Dr Roberto Balzaretti, State Secretary, Head of the Directorate for European Affairs, FDFA
- Alenka Bonnard, Director and co-founder of staatslabor
- Dr Manuel Sager, Ambassador, SDC Director-General, FDFA
- Dr Markus Seiler, FDFA General Secretary (head of the working group)
- Peter R. Voser, Chairman of the Board of Directors, ABB
- Dr Thomas Wellauer, Group Chief Operating Officer, Swiss Re
- Benedikt Würth, Cantonal Councillor, President of the Conference of the Cantonal Governments of Switzerland
Secretary: Dr Daniel Möckli, Expert, FDFA General Secretariat
The aforementioned titles refer to the respective functions held at the time of nomination.