Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Ministry of Public Finance – Electronic document management system
National public entities entrusted with fiscal administration interact very regularly with various private and public actors at national, regional and local level. This is also true for Romania, where the National Agency for Fiscal Administration is situated in the Ministry of Public Finance. By improving the digitalized administration in the Ministry of Public Finance, affairs and services such as revenue collection can be ensured in a better, more reliable manner and the service level to taxpayers and the general population improved. For this purpose, Switzerland supports the modernization and reliability of the existing electronic document management system of the Ministry of Public Finance.
Promoting economic growth and improving working conditions
Regulation of the financial sector
- Based on the development plans of the Ministry of Public Administration’s electronic document management system, hardware components will be supplied to assure the reliability and functionality of the future, redeveloped system.
- The capacity and user-friendliness of the system is improved through increased storage space and more software licenses.
- Training will be delivered to the ministry’s IT specialists to provide the necessary knowledge for the optimal and long-term use of the supplied material and licenses.
- Four servers of 20 cores each for the primary data center and four servers of 20 cores each for the secondary data center are in use.
- The storage capacity is increased by 279 TB.
- 300 Lotus Notes licenses are purchased.
- The redeveloped electronic data management system is functional, tested, compatible with previous versions and useful.
- Training to the IT specialists is provided.
- Ministry of Finance
- Romanian Ministry of Public Finance
|Background||Romania is still lagging behind the majority of European countries in terms of economic development. It was also affected by the global financial crisis. The authorities implemented a strong fiscal consolidation programme that brought the fiscal deficits back under control. Besides this, Romania's public institutions are characterized by a predisposition towards bureaucracy and disproportionate regulation that seriously affects the competitiveness of Romania's business environment. Therefore, the continuous development of e-government services is seen to have considerable potential in reducing the administrative burden. The Ministry of Public Finance aims to strengthen its administrative capacity in order to ensure a better revenue collection, to raise the level of compliance and to offer better services to taxpayers.|
|Objectives||The project aims to modernize the existing electronic document management system of the Ministry of Public Finance.|
|Target groups||The direct beneficiary is the Ministry of Public Finance. It will receive financial support through the project to improve its administrative capacities and institutional efficiency by improving the electronic document management system and its reliability. The indirect beneficiaries are the general public in Romania and all the taxpayers, as the project shall contribute to a reduction of administrative costs, ensure a better revenue collection, increase the efficiency of the administration, the quality of its services and its reputation.|
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
National Agency for Fiscal Administration (NAFA)
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'382'604 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 0|
Phase 10 22.09.2016 - 07.09.2019 (Completed)