Strengthening the Capacities of Forest Owners Associations for Sustainable Forest Management
The objective of this project is to contribute to an integrated and sustainable management of forests in Romania. The project works with forest owners associations to improve their skills to manage a forest in a sustainable way.
- Forest Owners Associations in Suceava County
- National Forest Owners Federation “Nostra Silva”
- Preparatory work for the inventory of the 37 private forest owner Associations in Suceava county started in close cooperation with the Forest Faculty of the University of “Stefan cel Mare” in Suceava
- A concept for the institutional analysis of NOstra Silva was prepared."
- more than 470 people participated in workshops, trainings, roundtable discussions and/or conferences
- PEFC working roup established (participating 4 NGOs, 3 universities and 3 wood industry company) (by June 2015)
- study trip to Switzerland for Istvan Toke to study Swiss forest owner associations
- PEFC Governign Body established as NGO with secretariate in Alba Julia (May 16)
- Official launching / registration of PEFC Romania on 15th of June 16
- Nostra Silva Newsletters are being sent on a regular basis to over 6000 email addresses
- Based on the results of the in-depth analysis and further field research an article was developed and accepted by the Forest Policy and Economics journal (publication in March 17)
- Secteur privé suisse
The project will develop a baseline of the current situation of the Forest Owner Associations and the Forest Owner Federation “Nostra Silva”. This will help to select the five pilot Forest Owner Associations in Suceava County and as a basis for providing tailor made capacity development for those associations.
The project will develop the understanding, skills and practice of people involved in the Forest Owner Associations, Forest Owners Federation, PEFC secretariat and the University of “Stefan Cel Mare” by means of training, exchange visits and coaching. The project will further enable the Forest Owner Associations, Forest Owner Federation and the PEFC secretariat to understand and exercise their roles. The project will also support the introduction of a new, internationally established and reliable system of forest certification in Romania. Finally, the project will foster the exchange of experiences and strengthen networks by supporting the Forest Owner Federation.
(by the end of 2016)
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 430'265 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 95'495|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 7 01.07.2014 - 30.09.2017 (Completed)Phase 6 01.01.2014 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Phase 5 01.07.2013 - 30.06.2016 (Completed) Phase 4 01.07.2013 - 30.06.2016 (Completed) Phase 3 01.04.2013 - 30.04.2016 (Completed) Phase 2 15.05.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed) Phase 1 01.07.2011 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)