Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Sustainable Energy Action Fund
The objectives of this Fund are to enhance the sustainable energy management at the municipal level in Romania by improving municipal infrastructure, building capacity and raising awareness about energy efficiency and renewable energy in order to increase living standards, promote economic development and provide a response to climate change.
Efficienza energetica ed energie rinnovabili
- Elaboration of Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP) in cities of less favored regions
- Small (“quick-win”) actions to enhance sustainable energy management in Romanian energy cities or energy cities “on-the-way”. Each such city will be eligible for a contribution to a small action included in its SEAP on a yearly first-come first-served basis. Examples of possible actions include:
o small technical investments into energy management, energy efficiency or renewable energy supply,
o awareness campaigns,
o capacity building measures,
o consultancy or other technical assistance services.
- The implementation of small projects to enhance sustainable energy management in cities of poor/underdeveloped regions in Romania. The projects shall involve investments of CHF 300’000-700’000 in the following fields: thermal rehabilitation of public buildings, heating, energy supply (including renewable energy), public lighting, public transportation, urban planning.
- Small-scale projects in cities of less-favored regions were selected to receive financial support through this program.
- In these cities, three public buildings were rehabilitated with energy-efficient technologies. Old street lamps were replaced with 11,580 energy-efficient LED lights.
- It is estimated that thanks to Switzerland's support, the CO2 emissions are reduced by around 1,000 tonnes per year.
- National Coordination Unit
- Romanian Ministry of Public Finance and Romanian Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
|Contesto||The Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme aims to contribute to the sustainable energy management in Romanian cities by improving municipal infrastructure, building capacity and raising awareness about energy efficiency and renewable energy in order to increase living standards, promote economic development and provide a response to climate change. The operational approach to attaining this objective was the introduction of the Swiss concept of Energy City, also known as the European Energy Award, in four pilot cities (Arad, Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Suceava). By developing their Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP), the pilot cities defined their priority investment projects. The Sustainable Energy Action Fund (SEAF) is used to increase the sustainability of the “Energy Cities for Romania” programme, by providing contributions for needed technical assistance and supporting activities to an extended number of Romanian cities and by assuring a link to cities in poor/underdeveloped regions.|
The overall objective of the SEAF is to further enhance the sustainable energy management at the municipal level in Romania. To attain this objective it is proposed to use one third of the SEAF funds for the scaling-up and mainstreaming of the European Energy Award management system in Romania, extending it beyond the four pilot cities to an additional 20 large Romanian cities as well as to 20 smaller cities in poor/underdeveloped regions.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are municipalities of at least 24 medium to large Romanian cities (including Bucharest) and 20 small Romanian cities in poor/underdeveloped regions.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
The municipalities of the beneficiary cities
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 10'438'710 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 6'218'547|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 10 11.05.2016 - 07.11.2019 (Completed)