Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Małopolska Local Product
In Małopolska Region, economic growth and GDP per capita is in comparison with national average relatively low. This programme aims at promoting the entrepreneurship in this region, based on local products. This goal shall be achieved through developing human resources (training), establishing a start-up fund for NGOs and fostering the development and marketing of local products.
Promoting economic growth and improving working conditions
Regional development and employment
- Establishment of a new Centre for Economic Education (CEE) with development of courses, seminars and workshops to support entrepreneurship especially in agricultural products' processing together with set-up of a grant for related NGO projects
- The creation of a food incubator combined with a marketing strategy for local products in Gosciniec and - based on experiences - development of a best practice model
- Building of brands for local products in Małopolska partly based on already existing initiatives
- 175 local farmers registered within the system
- One kitchen incubator created and one local kitchen established
- 7 buyers’clubs were created
- One outlet for local products was put in operation
- 8 study visits to Switzerland organised, in which 34 persons participated
- National State Institute North
The Małopolska Region is characterized by mainly small farms of the average size of 2.6 ha which means a substantial dispersion of farmland. As a consequence of this, regional economic growth and GDP per capita is relatively low. Furthermore, the region is suffering from high unemployment compared with national average. The area's main potentials are valuable natural resources (attracting considerable tourism) and a rich, diversified agricultural production.
The aim of the programme is to develop local enterprise and agricultural processing in Małopolska through a) establishing a center for economic education, b) working out a good practice model for production and marketing of local products as well as c) building brands for local products in Małopolska.
Producers of local products in Malopolska, individuals interested in business start-up, NGOs, Local Action Groups
The project has three main pillars:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 3’576’610 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 3’422’846|
Phase 1 04.08.2011 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)