Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
A Helping Hand in a Safe Environment, Małopolskie
The programme is focused on the improvement of quality of infrastructure and services provided in social care institutions in the Malopolskie Voivodeship in order to enhance living conditions of residents of these institutions. The programme targets elderly people, mentally and physically disabled. as well as youths deprived of appropriate parental assistance and directly contributes to promote social inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
Improving social security
Social services for specific target groups
- Residents of 24- hour Social Welfare Homes (elderly and disabled people)
- Staff of 24-hour Social Welfare Homes (social workers, physiotherapists, psychologists, nurses, managers etc.)
- Reconstruction and modernization of the infrastructure of Social Welfare Homes
- Trainings for personnel of Social Welfare Homes, principally working directly with their residents (preferably in connection with the infrastructure’s upgrade)
- Specialist trainings and qualification courses for nurses working in the Social Welfare Homes, and provision of necessary nurses’ equipment
- Increased living conditions, quality of care, and medical and education services provided to residents in social care units:
- 63% of employees directly working with residents have increased their qualifications (target is 56%)
- Creation of 11% of residential places in social care units of the region (target set at 8.5%)
- 11% of recreational parks and other open space modernized or newly created in Malopolskie (target value is 6.9%)
- 13 social care institutions have modernized and/or equipped their premises (with 6'780 square meters of different premises and 17'657 square meters of parks or open spaces being created/renovated).
- 718 medical and substantive staff members in social and educational care units and 206 nurses finished trainings
- 63 promotional events, informational and coaching meetings for final beneficiaries organized, in which approximately 1719 people participated
- National State Institute North
Social welfare homes, together with education and care centres, are the most widespread form of institutionalised social care in Poland. As the population grows older, demand for such care is bound to increase.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the living conditions for residents in Social Welfare Homes in the Malopolskie Voivodeship by increasing the quality of services provided. This will be achieved, on one hand, by improving the infrastructure and equipment of these institutions, and on the other hand by enhancing the professional qualifications of the relevant staff by conducting trainings and education measures.
The project is composed of three components:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 6’114’987 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 6’091’816|
Phase 1 01.10.2011 - 31.07.2016 (Completed)