Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Energy Efficiency MOI
The project aims to improve the working conditions of police employees and the living conditions of asylum seekers through the rehabilitation of initially ten selected security-related buildings. The buildings included in the project are in poor conditions. Not enough maintenance or improvements have been made and today the buildings do not conform to EU requirements. They are operated with very high costs since regular maintenance work has not been performed. Some buildings have had some renovation, but for meaningful energy savings as well as financial savings further modernisation is required.
Efficienza energetica ed energie rinnovabili
- Replacement of old windows and doors
- Insulation of facades and attics
- Exchange of outdated heating centers or modernization of existing ones
- Installation of energy efficient lighting and water saving taps
- Elimination of obvious deficits in the buildings
- 11 buildings managed by the Hungarian National Police and 2 buildings managed by the Immigration and Asylum Office have been comprehensively rehabilitated and modernised in accordance with energy efficiency regulations. The expected results set out below were achieved.
- The working conditions of about 1’800 employees of the Police and the Office of Immigration and Nationality and the living conditions of about 100 asylum seekers significantly improved.
- The energy performance of the 13 buildings improved significantly: The energy category of all the renovated buildings improved to at least “C” or even better; the total energy savings of all the buildings amounts to 5.8 Mio. kWh/a.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
The overall project objective of the planned developments is to achieve a cost-effective operation, which meets the requirements of the buildings' age and uses renewable energy resources.
Hungarian registration number: SH 9/2/1
|Obiettivi||The goal of the project is to improve all the selected buildings and reduce the energy consumption to at least level C as specified in the Hungarian energy performance certificate.|
|Gruppi target||The direct beneficiaries of this project are the Police and Office of Immigration and Nationality (OIN) officers working in the buildings as well as the asylum seekers staying in the buildings of the OIN. The Ministry of Interior, being the owner of the buildings, will benefit from reduced annual operation and maintenance expenses. The visitors (e.g. lawyers, NGOs, etc.) will also directly benefit from improved conditions, but on a lower scale.|
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Váti Ltd and Ministry of Interior
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 5’769’629 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 5’649’214|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.09.2012 - 31.05.2017 (Completed)