Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Security and IT Infrastructure ONCJ
In Hungary, bomb threats have become a real problem for the judicial system and their number has been increasing over the last few years. Visitors and their baggage need to be screened in order to make sure no explosives or weapons are brought into the courts. Unfortunately, many court buildings do not have the required facilities for the screening of visitors and the security checks need to be conducted by security personnel. The project aims to improve the security level at selected courts across all regions of Hungary through the purchase of x-ray screening facilities and metal detectors, and to enhance the IT infrastructure of the courts through the purchase of IT equipment.
Rafforzare la sicurezza pubblica
Ammodernamento del sistema giudiziario
- Purchase and installation of 104 metal detector gates and 45 X-ray scanners
- Purchase of 1'000 PCs, 2 servers, 167 network switches and 1 hardware firewall system
- All the planned 45 packet screening machines and 104 metal detector gates under the security sub-project were installed at selective court buildings in North-Eastern and Central Hungary by 31 December 2014 and are in daily use.
- Thanks to cost savings and exchange rate gains 4 new metal detection gates, 7 new X-ray package screening devices and 150 hand-held metal detection equipment could be additionally purchased.
- Under the IT sub-project, 901 new work stations for the court rooms, 284 new office work stations and 164 pieces of network equipment have been installed at the same court buildings.
- Safe and reliable online access to the data of judicial records for the court buildings and the National Office for the Judiciary is now ensured.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
The overall objective is to enhance public and border security and to improve working conditions of security related institutions. More specifically, this project aims to improve and facilitate the security law implementation and its enforcement as well as improve the conditions of judicial personnel, enabling a safer and faster working environment.
The project aims at improving and facilitating the security law implementation and its enforcement. The project also aims at improving the working conditions of judicial personnel, enabling a safer and faster working environment.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are the nationwide court system with its 9'800 employees. The indirect beneficiaries are the Hungarian citizens and also foreign citizens or organisations that might be in contact with the judicial system and the Hungarian courts.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
VÁTI Ltd and National Office for the Judiciary
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 4’226’875 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 4’120’869|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 2 01.09.2012 - 31.03.2017 (Completed)Fase 1 01.09.2012 - 31.05.2017 (Completed)