After the representation has received your application pack for simplified naturalisation, it will arrange a mutually convenient date for a personal interview which will, as a matter of principle, be conducted in a Swiss national language.
You will be invited to come to the representation in person for the interview, accompanied by minor children aged 12 and above who are included in the application.
During the personal interview with the applicant (as part of the process a separate interview will take place with minor children aged 12 and above who are included in the application) the following points, among others, will be examined:
- close connection with Switzerland i.e. in particular:
- regular stays in Switzerland (at least three stays of at least five days each in Switzerland in the past six years);
- knowledge of a Swiss national language;
- general knowledge about Switzerland (geography, history, politics, society etc.) – see the «Links» section for useful links to prepare for the personal interview;
- contacts with Swiss nationals;
- persons resident in Switzerland to whom reference can be made;
- respect for public security and order;
- respect for the values of the Swiss Federal Constitution,
- participation in gainful activity or acquiring an education;
- promoting and supporting the integration of family members, i.e. in particular:
- learning a Swiss national language;
- participation in gainful activity or acquiring an education in the country of residence;
- participation in the social and cultural life of Swiss nationals.