Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Partnership Block Grant Croatia
The Partnership Block Grant will support approximately 20 projects with up to CHF 250’000 per project, aiming at the improvement of living conditions in Croatia through the exchange of information, transfer of know-how and good practices between the two countries.
Strengthening civil society
- To contribute to the sustainable development of municipalities and counties
- Increased participation and improved living conditions for the local population through exchange of know-how and experience
- To strengthen bilateral cooperation between the two partner countries
- Preparation of the call for proposals
- Provide assistance and capacity building to the partner organisations in project preparation and implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation
- The call has been successfully launched in summer 2018.
- Despite a narrow deadline, 24 project proposals were submitted and considered eligible.
- After evaluation of the calls in March 2019, 4 projects were awarded the contract.
- 20 to 25 projects are implemented, with the purpose of improving living conditions for the local population in different locations of the country
- Regular reporting to follow-up the developments in local areas
- Overview of implemented projects elaborated and published
- National State Institute North
- Government Office for Cooperation with NGOs
During the preparation of the Swiss Contribution, various stakeholders in Switzerland signaled their interest in joint projects with Croatian partners.
Promotion of and support to existing and new partnerships between the two countries is beneficial to both countries. Swiss partners are expected to contribute to the solution of specific development challenges, and to strengthening capacities and structures of the Croatian institutional partners. Swiss partners enrich their experience by insights in the Croatian context.Switzerland enjoys a good reputation in Croatia. Swiss expertise will be drafted according to concrete demands.
The overall goal of the program is to promote local economic and social development in Croatia through increased mutual cooperation and partnerships between Croatian and Swiss institutions, municipalities and non-profit organizations.
The expected outcomes of the program are:
Municipalities, cities, counties, schools, universities, non-profit institutions and civil society organisations
by the end of 2018:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 2'000'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 706'388|
|Project phases||Phase 1 01.05.2017 - 31.12.2022 (Current phase)|