International police peacekeeping missions are demanding both physically and mentally. The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) is looking for candidates who are willing to be deployed for a period of at least six months. Interest in questions of ethics and human rights, a marked ability to adapt and enjoyment of interaction in a foreign culture are regarded as indispensable qualities, in addition to the following:
- Training as a police officer or a border police officer
- Minimum professional experience eight years
- Very good knowledge of English
- Driving licence (category B)
- For border police: successful completion of technical course 2
According to the mission
- Training/experience in personnel management
- Good knowledge of French
- Availability for 12 months
- Successful completion of the basic course on international police missions
- The successful completion of the recruitment process
- Border police use the models shown on the intranet of the Federal Customs Administration.
- Police officers address their applications, including motivation letter, CV, photograph and work certificate to the Swiss Expert Pool for Civilian Peacebuilding.