Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
NGO Block Grant
The NGO Block will support approximately 40 projects with up to maximum CHF 200’000 per project, to implement activities primarily focused on children and youth as well as their family members, related to improving their skills and knowledge on sustainable development.
Renforcer la société civile
- Increased role of civil society organisations in developing competences of children and youth in the area of sustainable development
- Strengthened partnerships of civil society organisations, schools and local community actors in raising awareness on sustainable development
- Preparation of the Call for proposals -Establish selection panel and identify the best projects
- Provide assistance to the selected CSOs in project preparation and implementation-Contribute to networking among the CSOs
- The call for proposals was developed and launched in 2018.
- Out of 84 applications, 20 small-scale projects have been selected; three larger-scale projects are under evaluation.
- Broad participation in Steering Committee assured (selection of members who are very committed to a strong CSO landscape in the country).
- 35 - 40 contracts with CSOs signed and projects implemented-Approaches developed for upscaling in future
- Overview of implemented projects enhances networking among CSOs
- Awareness among young students about environmental challenges is strengthened
- Other international or foreign NGO North
Civil society organisations (CSOs) play an increasingly important role in the Croatian society. Over the past two decades, CSOs have been valuable partners to the state and private sector, carrying out a number of public benefit activities in various areas.
CSOs play an essential role in awareness raising and education on sustainable development and environmental protection. They also contribute to the implementation of national and EU policies and ensure effective monitoring of sustainable development and environment standards in the country.
Croatian CSOs often lack human and financial resources as well as skills for effective policy analysis. Therefore they are not in a position to encourage their citizens to shape public policies and to support them in this activities. With their limited access to funds, they have to focus their activities on a selected group of beneficiaries. Hence, networking among like-minded CSOs is an exigence, valid in Croatia as in Switzerland.
The overall goal is to promote the contribution by CSOs to promote economic and social cohesion by engaging the civil society as important actors of development.
|Groupes cibles||Croatian Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)|
by the end of 2018:
Principaux résultats attendus:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Partenaire de mise en œuvre
Governmental Office for Collaboration with NGOs
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 4'800'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 13'411|
|Phases du projet||Phase 1 01.05.2017 - 31.12.2022 (Phase en cours)|