Vacancy: Executive Assistant to the Ambassador
As the personal assistant of the Ambassador you will be in charge of ensuring a functioning infrastructure for the Head of Mission. Your tasks include managing his daily agenda, organizing official journeys, support for high-level visits and invitation management among other things like providing translations and maintaining the database of contacts.
Your specific responsibilities include overseeing the office management and administering the diary of the Ambassador; you will plan and organize events at the Embassy and at the Residence (logistics and catering). You will organize official trips, coordinate the Ambassador’s driver assignments, process of various expenditure sheets, write diplomatic notes.
You will be the point of entry for contacts with the Ambassador in relation with the staff and the general public. You will interact with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and its officials. You will maintain relevant telephone, mail and fax communications and serve as liaison with the Management Team of the Embassy. You will manage correspondence in several languages and attend to other secretarial work. To have a decent knowledge of French or German is therefore a must. Additional duties beyond those listed here will be determined and assigned as needed.
To be a successful candidate, you must be able to multitask and be a strong team-player. Trustworthiness and 100% discretion is key for this position of confidence. You also need to be persistent in a courteous manner. Practical experience with diplomatic protocol and long-standing relationship with Switzerland are both important advantages.
Qualification, skills and experience required:
- University Degree in political science, international relations, economic and or administration from a recognized institution
- Several years of employment experience in a diplomatic, international or related fields higly preferable
- Full computer literacy with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently and under stress
- Excellent social skills, team player with integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible and capable to take initiativesAble to multitask and pay attention to details and knowing how to prioritize
- Excellent command of English; in addition with skills of one Swiss national language (preferably German or French) with
- Translation skills
- Basic understanding of Switzerland’s political institutions
We offer: Inviting work atmosphere and interesting work in a foreign representation, competitive salary and benefits package
Duration: Long term employment, full-time
Working Hours: 160
Start of Employment: ASAP
Job Location: Embassy of Switzerland
Hilla Liman Hwy/King Tackie Ave.
Corner of Kenneth Kaunda Rd
North Ridge, Accra
Please forward your curriculum vitae, motivation letter, recommendation, diplomas letters and one recently taken passport photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 13.03.2021
Only applicants who are considered for an interview will receive an answer to their application. No enquiries will be answered. After completion of the process the files will be destroyed.
Download full vacancy here (PDF, 223.3 kB, English)