Projects supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in the framework of the “small grants program” must fulfil the following conditions or criteria:
- The project has to be implemented in Jordan, ideally until the end of November 2020;
- Priority is given to national non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- The grant is allocated to a project and not to the functioning of the NGO itself;
- The small grant program is not designed to provide for the simple purchase and distribution of goods;
- NGOs that are already getting support from the Swiss government through other channels are not eligible under this program;
- Projects with a strictly religious objective are not eligible under this program, (whereas “inter-faith dialogue”- projects are accepted);
- Profit-oriented organizations are not eligible under this program;
- The amount allocated should range between 7’000 JOD and 9’000 JOD in form of a contribution, which may be maximum 80% of the total project costs (at least 20% of total project costs must be financed by the receiving organisation itself or through other sources of funding);
- Projects with innovative approaches to the mentioned topics are encouraged.
If you believe you have a project that corresponds to the above criteria and needs financing, please submit us a project proposal until 20th September 2020. The proposal must be maximum 6 pages long (no specific template), written in English and contain the following information:
- a context description of the issue the project wishes to address;
- the objective of the project, clearly defined and measurable;
- the beneficiaries of the project;
- the stakeholders of the project as well as the main actors;
- the chances and risks of the project;
- the schedule of the project, with clear deadlines;
- a detailed budget of the project;
- a contact person and the address of the NGO.
Please send your project proposal to: email@example.com with the subject “Small grants program 2020 – project proposal”, until 20th September 2020.
Should your project be selected, you will be notified before 1st October 2020. A contract will then have to be signed between your NGO and the Embassy of Switzerland. Upon signature of the contract and approval of the concerned authorities if applicable, up to max. 80% of the budget will be paid, the remainder of the budget upon completion of the project and approval of the final project report. NGO needing approval of concerned authorities to implement the project shall obtain the approval before 30th October 2020. If the needed approval is not issued by this date, the contract will be automatically considered as void so as to allow a reallocation of the budget. Please note that the Embassy does normally not support two years in a row the same NGO in order to diversify its support to local civil societies.