The Federal Council advises against all non-urgent travel abroad until further notice. The FDFA asks all travelers abroad to register their trip and whereabouts on the Travel Admin App to ensure that the representation can contact you. Please also see the link What does the FDFA recommend? .
The staff of the Swiss Cooperation Office / Representation of the Embassy of Switzerland is currently working with a reduced physical presence on the office premises to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. In emergencies, please call the telephone N: +373 600272525; email: email@example.com. Outside office hours, please contact the FDFA Helpline , tel. +41 800 24 7 364 / +41 58 465 33 33.
Visas: Schengen visas and national visas will not be issued until 15 June 2020.
Situation in Moldova
Departure from Moldova
All international air and train connections for passengers are currently suspended. Occasionally, however, special repatriation flights are carried out.
Restrictions for daily life
- Closure of all restaurants and cafés, shopping and leisure centers or other facilities associated with the exercise of a leisure activity, sports halls, cultural facilities. Home delivery services for food are still permitted if the staff providing the service is equipped to protect themselves from the virus and its spread. The same for taxi services;
- Food stores, petrol stations, shops selling hygiene products, pharmacies and other establishments selling medical equipment continue to operate, as well as banks and insurance services;
- Public authorities, businesses and organizations are encouraged to organize work in several shifts and, where technical conditions allow, to promote teleworking.
- There could not be groups of more than four persons in public, except cases of relatives up to 4 grade);
- Visiting parks, squares, recreational areas, forest parks and coastal areas, except for the purpose of taking pets by a person is prohibited;
- The visit of sports grounds and children's playgrounds is prohibited;
- There is an obligation to carry an identification card.