MAS Programme Snapshot
MAS Option One: 14-month consecutive course
The next MAS starts in September 2021 with a “core course”, residential term. It continues with a second, online term, focusing on the quality management of humanitarian projects. The third term is composed of five elective short online courses and it is followed by the last term: a dissertation.
- Term One: September - December 2021 - residential term in Geneva
- Term Two: January - April 2022 - online
- Term Three: April - October 2022 - online
- Term Four: Final dissertation by 31 October 2022 - online
More detailed information about the programme is available here.
Entry dates and fees
Master in 14 months (If applying for a scholarship, only this option is available).
Duration: from 8 September 2021 to 31 October 2022
Tuition fee: 15,000 CHF*
Scholarship Application: 29 February 2020.
Our scholarships cover the course fees and/or living expenses. Find out more about our scholarship programme here.
Final Application: 31 May 2021
MAS Option Two: Flexible programme (up to 38 months)
This options gives participants the flexibility to start the MAS with the core course (term one), or with any other courses that are part of the MAS programme. Students have up to 38 months to complete the 60 ECT credits necessary for the MAS. Possible programme combinations can be found here. If you are interested in this option, contact the MAS Course Coordinator to discuss you study plan.
Entry dates and fees
The MAS can be taken over a two or three years period (up to 38 months) and participants can start at various times to suit their needs.
Duration: Entry date flexible
Tuition fee: 17,000 CHF*
With the MAS flexible option participants can start at any time with any of the courses part of the MAS, therefore they need to consider the application deadline of the chosen course.
60 ECTS Credits
The Executive Master's degree is awarded jointly by the University of Geneva and The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) and accredited by the Swiss Agency for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ).
Is this course for you?
Our Master is specifically designed for:
- Entry and mid-level professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experience.
- Professionals from other sectors (health, military, private sector, social services) who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
* Geneva tax-payers may be eligible for a chèque formation grant from the Canton of Geneva, the amount can be up to 2,250 CHF. More information is available here.
INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE AND APPLY TODAY HERE