The Embassy does not accept any walk-ins. An appointment has to be booked prior to your visit at the Embassy.
For Schengen visa check on our webpage if you are eligible to apply for a Schengen visa and on how to book an appointment:
For an appointment for family reunification visa send copies in one email of the following documents to email@example.com:
From the person living in Switzerland
- Resident permit from Switzerland and/or Swiss passport
From the persons living in Ethiopia:
- phone number and email address
- copy of valid passport and/or emergency travel document issued by the Ethiopian Authorities
- marriage certificate*
- Birth certificate*
- Certificate of residence (valid ID-card)
* The original Ethiopian civil status and court documents have to be issued by the Vital Events Registrations Agency VERA and need to be legalized by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All documents only written in Amharic, Oromia or Tigrinya need to be translated into German, French, Italian or English by one of the Embassy’s officially recognized translation offices.
Further information can be found here: https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/ethiopia/en/home/visa/entry-ch/more-90-days/documents-national.html
If you received an authorization for the issuance of an entry visa to Switzerland and want to collect the visa, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of your valid passport or Emergency Travel Document
- Copy of authorization
For appointments for DNA Tests, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the complete name and birth date of the person concerned indicating that it is for DNA Tests.