Appointments for National Visas (Long-Term)
The Embassy does not accept any walk-ins. An appointment has to be booked prior to your visit at the Embassy.
For an appointment for family reunification send copies in one email of the following documents to email@example.com
- Resident permit from Switzerland and/or Swiss passport, from the person living in Switzerland
- Phone number and email address, from the person(s) living in Ethiopia
- Copy of valid passport and/or emergency travel document issued by the Ethiopian Authorities, from the person(s) living in Ethiopia
- Certificate of Residence (valid ID-card)
- Marriage certificate**
- Birth certificate**
** The original Ethiopian civil status and court documents must be issued by the Vital Events Registrations Agency (VERA) and legalised by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All documents only written in Amharic, Oromia or Tigrinya need to be translated into German, French, Italian or English by one of the Embassy’s officially recognized translation offices.
Entry Authorization Granted
If you have been authorised for an entry visa to Switzerland and would like to collect it, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of your valid passport or Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
- Copy of the authorization issued by the Swiss authorities