Information and contacts

Information and contact points for conditions of entry into and residence in Switzerland are the Swiss representation abroad covering your country of residence, the State Secretariat for Migration and the cantonal offices for migration.

Information on the subject of stays and/or entry requirements for Switzerland can be found on the following pages:

Swiss representations abroad

General questions on entry and visa requirements for people wishing to live abroad

State Secretariat for Migration: Telephone numbers and contact forms

Questions relating to:

  • Entry and visa requirements
  • specific pending or rejected visa application
  • Entry bans
  • Work permits for employment in EU/EFTA member states
  • Work permits for employment in third countries

Cantonal immigration and labour market authorities

Questions relating to:

  • Application for extension of a residence permit
  • Early issuance of a settlement permit (C permit)
  • Application for a work permit
  • Application for family reunification