Consulate General of Switzerland in Milano
In the light of the current situation, the Consulate General has adapted its activities and remains accessible every working day by telephone or e-mail but access to the offices is allowed by appointment only on Mondays and Tuesdays from 09:00 to 17:00.
Please book your appointment promptly on +39(0)2 77 79 161 or by email at email@example.com.
Please consult the Order of the Italian Minister of Health for the restrictions in force in Lombardy. Currently, appointments at our representation are fixed only in case of proven necessity.
Italy: Entry restrictions
For all those who have stayed or transited in Switzerland in the fourteen days preceding the entry into Italy, the legislation stipulates the following requirements upon entry in Italy:
- Present a “certificazione verde” which attests that the traveler has undergone a PCR or antigenic swab test, carried out within 48 hours prior to entry into Italy, with negative test result.
- complete the Digital Passenger Locator Form
- notify the prevention department of the health authority responsible for the area of the entry (See page: COVID-19 Freephone numbers and regional information)
These provisions will remain into force until 30.07.2021.
Travel advice for Italy by the FDFA (French)
Switzerland - Information for travellers
As of 08.02.2021, depending on the place of departure and the means of transport, it will be necessary to observe the measures describe in the chart below.
Means of transport
(Are exempted children under the age of 12)
|A) train, bus, ship||NO||YES||NO|
|B) all means of transport||YES||YES||YES|
|*Travellers by plane are requested to contact the airline for information on boarding requirements.|
|** Please refer to: Type of test and requirements the result must meet|
|The countries and regions are listed in A) and B) below|
A) All Italian Regions apart from those mentioned under B)
- Valid proof of a negative PCR test** result for travellers by airplane (executed no more than 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Compulsory registration online of personal data on swissplf.admin.ch. Travellers arriving by car are exempted.
B) As of 06.05.2021: Campania and Puglia
- Valid proof of a negative PCR test** result (executed no more than 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Compulsory registration online of personal data on swissplf.admin.ch.
- Mandatory quarantine of 10 days
- Report your arrival to the cantonal authority
As of 17.05.2021: Basilicata, Campania and Puglia
Transit: Are exempted from the test, registration and quarantine requirements persons who enter Switzerland for the purpose of transiting the country and who intend and are able to travel on directly to another country. Therefore, a connection to other means of transport must be guaranteed or the traveler must have a private means of transport available to continue the journey. Furthermore the entry regulations of the various countries of transit and of the final destination must allow the entry.
Further exceptions and measures on international transport exist (Art. 8 Covid-19 Ordinance).
Certificate of life OASI
As of 01.05.2021 the simplified procedure to obtain a certificate of life will no longer be possible. Each pension beneficiary has to return the certificate of life duly endorsed by a local authority.
The Consulate General of Switzerland is located in the Swiss Center, overlooking Piazza Cavour in the heart of Milan. The Center, designed by the Swiss architect Armin Meili, was inaugurated in 1952. The place of Milan, together with that of Paris, is the oldest permanent site in Switzerland, opened after the creation of the Helvetic Republic in 1798.
Detailed information can be found on the Italian page.
Warning of false job advertisements
Emails with the sender "Swiss Immigration" and requests for payment are sent to foreigners. The SEM warns against these fraud attempts.