The selection will be in two steps: first, applicants should provide a concept note on the proposed project. Concept notes will be screened and only selected applicants will be contacted to develop a complete project proposal as the final step.
Who can apply:
Applicants can be civil society organisations, governmental agencies, social entrepreneurs/enterprises, academic or research institutions registered in Mongolia which have been operational for at least two years at the date of the application. Partnerships with foreign organisations are accepted.
Requirements for the concept note:
Applicants shall submit a concept note in English of no more than five pages containing:
- project context and description of the problem to be addressed;
- expected results; project implementation strategy, possible risks for the implementation; and modalities to be applied, including project set-up;
- partners, stakeholders’ and beneficiaries’ brief analysis
- indicative budget;
- registration certificate of the applicant/s, relevant experience and two most recent references.
The grants provided by SDC amount to a max. of MNT 200 million. The grants should cover a max. of 80% of the overall project costs, the remaining 20% should be funded by the implementing organisation or other sources.
The concept notes must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Small Action Proposal 2019” until 14th August 2019. Receipt of the submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail, selected applicants only will be contacted within August 30th. No questions will be answered by phone or mail during the selection process.