The Consular Section at the Embassy of Switzerland in Riyadh and the Swiss Consulate General in Muscat will be pleased to assist you. Swiss citizens or visa applicants living in the Republic of Yemen should forward the correspondence related to a consular and administrative issue directly to the Swiss Embassy in Riyadh.
A regular contact between the Swiss abroad and the Swiss Embassies and Consulates presents mutual advantages. Also, registration is compulsory for Swiss citizens residing abroad and is the basis for official acts. The following individuals should register with their local Swiss mission abroad:
- Swiss citizens who intend to stay in the consular district for more than 12 months
- Individuals living in the consular district who acquire Swiss nationality by birth, naturalisation or adoption.
The following documents are required for registration:
- form «Application for registration», duly completed, dated and signed by the applicant (can be downloaded by using the link on the right hand side of this page)
- Swiss passport and, if applicable, those of your family members
- Original of the certificate of origin (Heimatschein / Certificat d’origine).
It is also highly recommended to download the “Advice for Swiss citizens living abroad" and the "Information regarding behaviour in crisis situations" containing useful details.
Your personal documents will be returned to you immediately after registration. For additional details about the Voluntary Old-age, Survivors and Disability Insurance scheme (AHV / IV – AVS / AI), the Soliswiss or if you wish to obtain further information for Swiss citizens living abroad, please do consult the corresponding pages of links included in this Website.
Changes in marital status, name changes, and the birth of children must be notified to the Swiss authorities through the Swiss representation. Failure to provide accurate documentation will cause delays in the issuing of new Swiss documents.
For safety reason Swiss citizens planning a short trip to Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Yemen (business, tourism) are requested to communicate in advance their travel program (including last & first name, passport number and address in CH) to the competent Swiss representation abroad.
We wish you a pleasant stay in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.