Finance & Administration Assistant
Maternity leave replacement for 6 months (approx) from 1 of August 2022 to 31 of January 2023
The objective of the position is to guarantee the smooth functioning of the financial and administrative management of the Cooperation Office. The position's responsibilities also include timely and punctual collaboration with partner organizations with regard to financial administration and/or running of programs.
Financial & Administration:
- Conduct financial monitoring of projects (Internal Control System) including mandates with fiduciary funds management, prepare monitoring reports.
- Check and approve financial reports/statements as well as audit reports from partners with mandates with fiduciary fund management.
- Book transactions in SAP related to financial reports provided by partner organisations.
- Establish contracts for projects in SAP in line with the HQ regulations establish SOEs in SAP based on the financial/audit reports provided by partner organizations and closing the projects in SAP.
- Establishment of new projects in SAP and financial management of the SDC projects including budgeting, reporting and tax issues in collaboration with project partners with.
- Ensure the timely payment of all local personnel taxes and prepare all relevant reports for the state tax authorities
- Ensure the timely establishment of all VAT related documents and submit the VAT reimbursement claim to the respective state authorities on a quarterly basis.
- Make a cross check with the Logistics Officer and IT Specialist to ensure that the inventory of the office assets is updated.
Chief of Finance, Personnel and Administration (CFPA)
- University degree or equivalent
- At least five years of proven professional experience with international development cooperation agencies
- Ability to work independently, take responsibilities and take initiative; ability to work under tight deadlines and perform multiple functions;
- Good diplomatic, negotiation and networking skills
- Good organizational, analytical / reporting and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, SAP etc.)
- Excellent English, Tajik and Russian skills (writing and oral)
- Flexibility in working time
- Good knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- Competitive salary and social benefits package
SCO is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on ground of race, gender, sexual orientation or physical disability.
Application requirements and deadline
Interested candidates possessing the above mentioned qualifications and skills should submit their
- Copy of latest Diploma, including grade
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of passport or ID (including photo)
Deadline for applications: 20th of May 2022
Please send your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as the applications not fulfilling the formal criteria or lacking motivation letter as described above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; no need to inquire otherwise. Please consult the our website for more information on Switzerland’s development activities in Tajikistan.