Information about travel to Switzerland related to COVID-19
To see what rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland please consult the online travelcheck.
Effective September 13, 2021, the USA is considered a high-risk country again by the State Secretariat of Migration (SEM).
For fully vaccinated foreign nationals travelling to Switzerland from the United States, the regular entry requirements continue to apply. For information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination requirements, please consult the following website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
However entry restrictions apply for foreign nationals travelling from the United States who are not fully vaccinated, who are without rights of free movement, and who do not belong to any of the exceptional categories of the Covid 19 Regulation 3. For additional information, please consult the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).
Children who cannot be vaccinated due to their age, are allowed to enter Switzerland with their vaccinated accompanying persons (parents, siblings, grandparents or other caregivers).
All travelers arriving in Switzerland by plane must fill in the entry form (no exceptions).
If your trip to Switzerland includes transit through another foreign country, you must also check the entry restrictions of that country.
For further information please consult the COVID-19-Ordinance or the website of the State Secretariat of Migration.
Information about QUARANTINE, ENTRY FORM, VACCINATION CERTIFICATE and negative COVID TEST
Travelers arriving in Switzerland from the USA do not have to go into quarantine (FOPH).
Mandatory for all airline passengers travelling from the USA to Switzerland:
- Electronic form for all incoming travelers (no exceptions)
- Present one of the following medical documents (if older than 16 years):
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate stating that you were fully vaccinated within the last 12 months with an approved vaccine
- a negative COVID-19 PCR test, taken no more than 72 hours (time of specimen collection) before departure
- a positive COVID-19 test result of a test taken within the last 6 months and a COVID-19 recovery medical certificate
For further information on quarantine and COVID Test requirements, please see the website of the Federal Office of Public Health FOPH.