Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
NGO Block Grant
The NGO Block will support approximately 40 projects with up to maximum CHF 200’000 per project, to implement activities primarily focused on children and youth as well as their family members, related to improving their skills and knowledge on sustainable development.
- Increased role of civil society organisations in developing competences of children and youth in the area of sustainable development
- Strengthened partnerships of civil society organisations, schools and local community actors in raising awareness on sustainable development
- 43 civil society organizations are contracted and are currently implementing its activities. Due to the school strike, earthquakes and restrictions due to the COVID pandemia some slight delays are expected.
- 20 to 25 projects are implemented, with the purpose of improving living conditions for the local population in different locations of the country
- Regular reporting to follow-up the developments in local areas
- Overview of implemented projects elaborated and published
- Andere internationale oder ausländische NGO Norden
Civil society organisations (CSOs) play an increasingly important role in the Croatian society. Over the past two decades, CSOs have been valuable partners to the state and private sector, carrying out a number of public benefit activities in various areas.
CSOs play an essential role in awareness raising and education on sustainable development and environmental protection. They also contribute to the implementation of national and EU policies and ensure effective monitoring of sustainable development and environment standards in the country.
Croatian CSOs often lack human and financial resources as well as skills for effective policy analysis. Therefore they are not in a position to encourage their citizens to shape public policies and to support them in this activities. With their limited access to funds, they have to focus their activities on a selected group of beneficiaries. Hence, networking among like-minded CSOs is an exigence, valid in Croatia as in Switzerland.
The overall goal is to promote the contribution by CSOs to promote economic and social cohesion by engaging the civil society as important actors of development.
|Croatian Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)
by the end of 2018:
9 projects are currently in implementation or have already been ending between Swiss and Croatian institution in the social and economic field.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Internationale oder ausländische NGO
Governmental Office for Collaboration with NGOs
|Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 4’521’740 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 4’442’956
Phase 1 01.05.2017 - 31.12.2022 (Completed)