As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations with Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, technology and education.
Embassy of Switzerland in Australia
The Embassy and the Consulate General strive to provide Swiss citizens with the most recent information. However, please note that regulations can change quickly and sometimes without prior notice. Of course such updated regulations prevail over the information stated below.
The Embassy and the Consulate General are aware of the difficult situation that many of our citizens might encounter. We are making every effort to respond to your inquiries quickly. In order to make an appointment please contact the Embassy by calling during working hours on weekdays (02 6162 8400) or by writing an e-mail anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consult this website for new information regularly.
We advise all Swiss citizens in Australia to comply with the recommendations and regulations of the competent local authorities, the Department of Health, the Department of Home Affairs or others. Please keep yourself updated. Be aware that Australian citizens (including dual-nationals) and permanent residents need to secure a travel exemption from the Australian Border Force (ABF) Commissioner before they can leave Australia.
Please note that entry to Australia is currently highly restricted. Entry is only possible for Australian nationals and for permanent residents, and their immediate family members, or if you have been granted a visa and an individual travel exemption, which is issued only to a very restricted number of categories of visitors and individuals. Furthermore, highly reduced caps on international arrivals are in place.
For more information about Australian border restrictions, please check the following website: covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au
Please also follow the travel advice "Focus novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)” of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Australian Government
- Australian Department of Health
- Australian Department of Home Affairs (Immigration/Travel Advice)
- Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
Thank you for your understanding in these extraordinary circumstances worldwide.
Please note that all visa and other consular matters are dealt with by the Consulate General in Sydney. For any related information please directly contact the Consulate General.
President of the Swiss Confederation Guy Parmelin: National Day 2021 greetings for the Swiss abroad
Who is who
- Mr Pedro Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Australia, Head of Mission
- Mrs Yasmine Chatila Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Special Envoy of Switzerland for the Pacific Region, Head of Mission
- Mr Fabian Grass, Deputy Head of Mission
- Mr Sébastien Monnet, Science, Technology and Education Advisor
- Mrs Bernadette Hunkeler Brown, Consul General of Switzerland in Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- Mr Victor Wong, Honorary Consul General in Papua New Guinea
- Mrs Manuela Erb, Honorary Consul in Victoria
- Mr Daniel Gschwind, Honorary Consul in Queensland
- Mr Marc Montandon, Honorary Consul in Western Australia
- Mr Patrick Wille, Honorary Consul in South Australia
- Prof. Dr Margaret Otlowski, Honorary Consul in Tasmania
- Ms Sonia Paspaley, Honorary Consul in the Northern Territory