For a birth in Equador:
- original of the child's birth certificate ("Inscripción de nacimiento" or "Certificado de nacimiento"), certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with apostille.
- original of the certificate of civil status at the time of the child's birth, nationality and domicile ("Declaración juramentada sobre el estado civil, la nacionalidad y el domicilio") at the time of the child's birth, certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with an apostille
- divorced: If the Ecuadorian partner was divorced prior to marriage, divorce decree and marriage certificate with marginal note of divorce must be presented, both certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with apostille
- widowed: If the Ecuadorian partner is deceased, his/her death certificate and marriage certificate with marginal note must be presented, both certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with apostille
- copy of the identity card (cédula) and/or passport
- copy of passport of the Swiss parent
- confirmation of spelling name of the child, by means of additional form
- Necessity of certification, if necessary competent local authority
- All foreign civil status documents must be certified with an apostille before being sent to the Swiss representation.
Competent local authority:
Apostilles are issued at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Movilidad Humana with prior appointment. Appointment
Zones: Quito, Guayaquil, Azogues, Esmeraldas, Ibarra, Machala, Manta, Tulcan.