Switzerland through its development cooperation has been engaged in Nepal since 1959. With the establishment of its Embassy in Nepal in August 2009, Switzerland’s assistance in Nepal continues to focus on federal state building, employment and income through agriculture, rural infrastructure and vocational skills, as well as migration. Switzerland is committed to support Nepal’s socio-economic development and federal state building at national and subnational levels.
The Embassy of Switzerland offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as a stimulating team and working environment. We are looking for a Nepali National for the following position for a 4 years fixed term contract with possibility of extension:
As a member of the Swiss Embassy and under the line management of the Head, Finance & Controlling, the Finance Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support concerning financial administration and controlling tasks to the programme team members and other staff of the Embassy/SDC during the entire project cycle management (PCM).
- Assess, monitor and control the use of the project budget and other financial matters in relation to the Swiss Government funded projects, programmes and small actions.
- Execute data inputs in the accounting system and SAP system regularly, execute disbursements, prepare periodic settlement of advances, execute various contracts, etc.
- Monitor the internal controlling system of the partners/projects; conduct risk analysis; provide support and recommendation during tender procedures and selection of implementing partner/s.
- Analyse and assess the audit reports; support/follow up the implementation of the audit recommendations, etc.
- Ensure that the contractual procedures as per FDFA/SDC instructions, directives and guidelines are followed while grant proposals and contracts are prepared and established.
- Support Swiss Embassy/SDC partners/projects in the application of various financial instruments; advice on matters related with financial management, internal controlling systems, partner selection, etc.
- Prepare reports on important issues, assessments and observations in the areas of financial management, internal controlling, risk assessment and on the matters related with the incumbent’s responsibility.
- Represent and promote the Embassy/SDC including its values and principles; share and exchange information about Switzerland and its work in Nepal and bring along Nepali perspective and knowledge.
Required Technical Competence
Masters Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Management with specialisation in Finance/Accounts or with further training in the area of financial management and accounting; Chartered Accountant or equivalent professional degrees; minimum 5 years’ professional experience in work related with financial management and accounting; excellent communication & presentation skills; excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Nepali; good knowledge of computer operation and different software applications.
Required Social Competence
Able to define clear objectives & priorities; able to work independently and under pressure and willing to take initiative & accept a wide spectrum of tasks; have demonstrated leadership and managerial competencies; capable to work in a multicultural team; sensitive in areas of gender and social inclusion; able to deal with criticism and conflict; have client-orientation and able to network & negotiate; have good understanding of the national context.
Detailed Terms of Reference is available here for download.
Application in English with immediate contact address and a telephone number; an updated bio-data; copies of citizenship certificate and academic credentials; and reference from former employer(s) should reach at the latest by 17:00 hrs on 4th January 2019 through post or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mark “Application for Finance Controller” respectively on the envelope / subject of the email.
Personnel and Administration (Chancery)
P.O. Box 113
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Embassy reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
The Embassy of Switzerland in Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority community).