Vacancy – Temporary Accountant- Maternity Replacement (40% part-time job)
The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking a maternity leave replacement for the position of Accountant. Working under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Finance and Personnel, the selected candidate will be part of a team based in Harare. He or she will be in charge of the general book-keeping of the Embassy finances.
- Reporting To Deputy Chief of Finance and Personnel
- Supervision of Self
- Interacts with all departments at the Embassy
- Responsible for book keeping in Vision+ / SAP based (income & expenditure).
- Preparing accounting booking vouchers.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by correcting and analysing account information as per instructions.
- To check and finalize duty trip claims of personnel.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank and cash accounts.
- Responsible for advance accounts of staff overview (settlement through office assistant).
- Responsible for monthly report to Head Office.
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT and settlement for VAT returns per quarter (refund and vision account) as and when they are received from ZIMRA.
- Monthly budget control for the office.
- Filing of financial documents and finance archive Accounting
- BCom / M. Com / MBA
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Able to use planning and controlling tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong personal and social competences
- Can work independent and as part of a team
- Able to meet deadlines while remaining organized and accurate
- Min. 5 years professional experience with strong financial background
- Familiarity of working with computer based financial systems
- Work experience in development sector or an international non-profit organisation would be an advantage"
- Industry International Development Organisation
- Culture Multicultural
- Gender Profile Mixed
- Age Profile At least 30
Terms and conditions
- Fixed Term employment contract from 17.07.2023 - 31.12.2023.
- Workload of part-time job: 40% (2 days/week with one extra day at month-end).
- Location Harare, Zimbabwe.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of May 2023. The subject should be clearly marked Temporary Accountant.