Consulate General of Switzerland in Vancouver

Office Building, Canada Place
Consulate General of Switzerland in Vancouver © FDFA


Personal visit to Consulate

Consular services are available, but for urgent and essential cases and by appointment only. Wearing a facial-mask is recommended.

Travelling to Switzerland

Swiss citizens must hold a valid Swiss passport / ID  to enter Switzerland from Canada.

By decision of the Federal Council, dated March 18, 2020, Switzerland can only issue visas in very limited circumstance. Until future notice, no Schengen C visas are being issued. Only national D visas for study or family reunion can be presented. 

For additional information, please consult the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration: FAQ entry restrictions

What does the FDFA advise

Travelling to Canada

For information on Canadian measures regarding the conditions of entry into Canada please visit: Government of Canada  

The practical aspects of the implementation of these measures fall within the competence of the Canadian authorities.

Life Certificate

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Swiss Compensation Office (SCO) in Geneva is now accepting the life certificate, filled out and signed by the insured person. The certificate thus completed can be sent to Consulate General of Switzerland in Vancouver, which will then forward it to the competent office in Geneva.

A scan of the life certificate (both sides) can also be sent directly to the SCO at the following email address:


For information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) kindly consult the information and directives of the local authorities and the recommendations of the World Health Organization WHO.

Health Canada


In Switzerland, the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) informs in regards to the Novel Coronavirus and publishes travel advice accordingly.



The Travel Advice FDFA (in German, French and Italian) offers travelers basic information for travel preparation by informing on possible risks and certain precautions. They are to be considered as a complementary source of information.

FDFA Travel Advice


Swiss travelers abroad should register on the "Travel Admin App". Please make sure to download the application and to register your travel.

Travel Admin for iPhone

Travel Admin for Android

More information: Press release of the Federal Council (19.03.2020)


For urgent requests, kindly contact the FDFA Helpline (Tel. +41 800 24-7-365 / +41 58 465 33 33) or contact your representation directly.

Helpline FDFA



Contact the responsible Swiss representation for identity papers, civil status, registration and deregistration, matters of civil status, etc...

Visa & entry to Switzerland

Visa requirements, the filing of visa applications, forms and visa costs, and information about living in Switzerland