COVID-19: The project proposals should take into account the current situation and be viable with the preventive measures in place in Jordan to curb the spread of the virus. All health and security measures decided by the government of Jordan – such as social distancing, sanitary measures and restrictions on gatherings – must be respected at all stages of the projects.
Projects supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in the framework of the “small grants program” must fulfil the following conditions or criteria:
- The project has to be implemented either in Jordan or Iraq (all governorates);
- Priority is given to national non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- The grant is allocated to a project and not to the functioning of the NGO itself;
- The small grant program is not designed to provide for the simple purchase and distribution of goods;
- NGOs that are already getting support from the Swiss government through other channels are not eligible under this program;
- Projects with a strictly religious objective are not eligible under this program, (whereas “inter-faith dialogue”- projects are accepted) ;
- Profit-oriented organizations are not eligible under this program;
- Amounts allocated normally range between 3’000 JOD and 14’000 JOD in form of a contribution, which may be maximum 80% of the total project costs (at least 20% of total project costs must be financed by the receiving organisation itself or through other sources of funding);
- Projects with innovative approaches to the mentioned topics are encouraged;
- The inclusion of gender-aspects in the projects are encouraged.
If you believe you have a project that corresponds to the above criteria and needs financing, please submit us a project proposal until 1 February 2021. The proposal must be maximum 6 pages long (no specific template), written in English and contain the following information:
- short description of the implementing organization;
- a context description of the issue the project wishes to address;
- the objective of the project, clearly defined and measurable;
- the beneficiaries of the project;
- the stakeholders of the project as well as the main actors;
- the chances and risks of the project;
- the schedule of the project, with clear deadlines;
- a detailed budget of the project;
- a contact person and the address of the NGO.
Please send your project proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Small grants program 2020 – project proposal”, until 1 February 2021.
Should your project be selected, you will be notified before 1 March 2021. A contract will then have to be signed between your NGO and the Embassy of Switzerland. Upon signature of the contract and approval of the concerned authorities if applicable, up to max. 80% of the budget will be paid, the remainder of the budget upon completion of the project and approval of the final project report to be sent to the Embassy of Switzerland on 12 November 2021 latest. NGO needing approval of concerned authorities to implement the project shall obtain the approval before 15 May 2021. If the needed approval is not issued by this date, the contract will be automatically considered as void so as to allow a reallocation of the budget. Please note that the Embassy does normally not support two years in a row the same NGO in order to diversify its support to local civil societies.