Overview – Call for designs
- Submissions are welcome from anyone regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
- Submissions must be received by Saturday, September 30th, 2023.
- Please submit your design by email to Embassy of Japan in Switzerland.
- A panel of judges established by the Governments of Japan and Switzerland will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for the 160th anniversary celebration events.
- Results will be announced on various websites including those of the Embassy of Japan in Switzerland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Consulate of Japan in Geneva, and the Government of Switzerland.
How to submit your design
- Attach your logo design and completed Entry Form (including your name, affiliation a brief explanation of your logo design) to an email to Embassy of Japan in Switzerland. We regret that we cannot accept submissions by postal mail.
- Your logo design should be sent as a JPEG or PDF file no larger than 3MB and at with resolution of at least 300dpi. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
- The explanation of your logo design should be described on the Entry Form as long as approximately 50 words. When the logo design selected as the anniversary logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
- Please submit both color and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colors, gradations, etc.)
- You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
- No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Submission of applications
(Applications will only be accepted via e-mail. Note 1)
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- E-mail subject line: "160th anniversary Logo Contest"
- E-mail body: Not necessary
Points to note
- Submitted logo designs must be created by those submitting, new-never published anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any third parties.
- Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous, or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected design will be withdrawn from use, if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- The selected design may be modified and processed as necessary for use as the official logo. In the event that the selected design and the applicant do not meet the necessary conditions, or if the applicant does not agree to any supplementary modifications, etc., the selection will be cancelled and void even after the decision has been made.
- All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Switzerland. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish their author’s moral rights, and the submission of the Entry Form is regarded to constitute agreement to the above. In principle, submitted designs will not be processed other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, and translate into Japanese, English or Swiss official languages.
- The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to organizations authorized by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Government of Switzerland and will be used to promote the 160th anniversary of Japan Switzerland diplomatic relations.
- Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judging process can be accepted.