Scaling-up SuizAgua Peru and Chile
Corporate Water Footprint (WF) frameworks in Chile and Peru animate private companies to use and manage water in a sustainable manner. Civil society is made aware of sustainable water cultures by behavioural change campaigns and by being part of watershed collective actions with the private sector. Cooperation among SuizAgua Colombia, Peru and Chile and with other partners ensures further outreach of the project in Latin America with the help of an active community of practice sharing gained knowledge.
Integrierte Wasserbewirtschaftung (Wassereinzugsgebiet)
Wasserökonomie (Gouvernanz, Finanzen, Privatsektor)
Politik und Anwaltschaft Wasserressourcen
- Members of communities (mostly living in vulnerable socioeconomic conditions) involved in watershed collective actions
- Public institutions of the water and agriculture sector
- Businesses associations/initiatives
- Universities and technical training centres
- Companies and stakeholders
- Water practitioners
- Citizens reached by public awareness actions
- An operational corporate WF framework enhances responsible and sustainable water use
- Members of communities with vulnerable socio-economic conditions take part in watershed collective actions
- Through innovative behavioural change campaigns urban citizen adopt a more sustainable water culture
- A dynamic community of practice in place assures robust results and further outreach
- Blue Certificate system operational (Peru) and WF application within the Clean Production Agreements - APL in place (Chile)
- Business associations (agro-export) and companies provide business cases
- Public-private partnerships (PPP) established regarding corporate engagement in water basin collective actions
- Knowledge management and communication strategy in place.
- Positioning of WF concept in private sector, public institutions and academia in Chile and Peru
- Successful experience with 10 multinational companies (5 in Peru, 5 in Chile)
- Investments by companies of 10 Mio USD (2013 -2016) in WF reduction and watershed actions
- Launch of a Blue Certificate by the Peruvian Water Authority
- WF was tested as a tool for watershed analysis
- Ausländischer Privatsektor Süden/Osten
The Water Goal (SDG 6) within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development emphasizes the urgency of addressing the global water crisis, attributing to the private sector a key role in realizing a sustainable future. The private sector is also increasingly aware that water is becoming a substantive risk for their business. Thus, committed partnerships are important to foster good governance for more equitable access and efficient water management. In this context, there is a need for recognized and standardized tools for steering water risk management at corporate and watershed level. The WF contributes to monitoring and prioritization of investments for reducing direct and indirect impacts from water uses in the production of goods and services. The WF comprises impacts related to: water consumption, pollution and where and when the water use takes place.
Increased awareness on sustainable water use in the production of goods and services results in actions by the private sector and civil society to improve water management.
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
ISO 14046 developers, RésEAU, GPW - SuizAgua Colombia, SCD-Nestlé PPDP
National: ANA, CPL/DGA ADEX,ASOEX, companies
Local: NGOs, communities water basins (Maipo, Lima)
International: WRG2030, WBCSD, AWS, AVINA
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
“More coffee less water”; SDC project on ecosystem services.
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 1'600'000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 1'028'033|
|Projektphasen||Phase 2 01.10.2016 - 29.02.2020 (Laufende Phase) Phase 1 15.10.2012 - 31.08.2016 (Completed)|